The most "eyebrow raising" cigar presentations

Post up those "eyebrow raising" cigar presentations available for your smoking pleasure:

Let me kick it off :D

Cuban Honeys Drunken Truffle Robusto (5.0"x50) Box of 24

1cb-pm-1024.jpg

Ultra-premium tobaccos, paired with new mouthwatering flavors. 

The ultimate assortment of deliciously flavored, handmade cigars has had a complete overhaul. Now hailing from largest producer of flavored cigars in the world, La Aurora, Cuban Honeys have been reblended and boast new flavors, updated packaging, and that same dessert-like quality…without all the calories. Utilizing all-natural flavors, these tasty, mellow cigars boast Cuban-seed tobaccos from the lushest soils that the Dominican Republic has to offer. Be ready for crowds to congregate once the scent of these affordable sticks hits the air, just make sure to keep a firm grip on these tantalizing treats, or else have plenty of backups.

Drunken Truffle: A delectable dish of hearty coconut extract spliced with whisky, chocolate, Irish cream, and French vanilla. Unfortunately, these fine delicacies won’t get you drunk, but they are damn tasty. Be sure to give these goodies a try.

as an aside. 

Major distributors and retailers around the world sing the praises of the Drew Estate team.  They are kicking serious goals outside of the USA. 

• Like 1

I don't have an eyebrow raising example, but I read an article about NC's being in huge demand in Asia, and the Middle East. Non Cuban brands are apparently experiencing a lot of growth in markets outside of their bread and butter zone (the U.S.). I met a truck driver here in the states that was from Jordan and he said in Jordan, Israel, and Saudi Arabia cigar smokers are backing away from Habanos.

3 minutes ago, WABOOM said:

I read an article about NC's being in huge demand in Asia the Middle East. Non Cuban brands are apparently experiencing a lot of growth in markets outside of their bread and butter zone (the U.S.)

One of the major reasons is that there is a boom in premium cigar demand and  Cuba can't fill it with supply. 

Some brands are doing exceptionally well (Drew Estate/Oliva/Padron etc)  Others can't get any traction at all. 

First sample is fascinating, Rob. La Aurora make some fantastic cigars and are the oldest cigar company in the DR, just in case some members do not know.

But those one look kinda iffy lol.

No Photos but Mr Beav was in the DR yesterday. Asked him to look for OX at duty free. He said nothing worth bringing home.

?

CB

13 hours ago, El Presidente said:

"eyebrow raising"

My favourite of all time is this.   Theres something so ingeniously simple, seductive and mysterious about this "call again" cigar advertising.   Don Draper would be proud of this.   

Love it.   This is when advertising was art....both physically and conceptually

7313_1.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Post up those "eyebrow raising" cigar presentations available for your smoking pleasure:

Let me kick it off :D

Cuban Honeys Drunken Truffle Robusto (5.0"x50) Box of 24

1cb-pm-1024.jpg

Ultra-premium tobaccos, paired with new mouthwatering flavors. 

The ultimate assortment of deliciously flavored, handmade cigars has had a complete overhaul. Now hailing from largest producer of flavored cigars in the world, La Aurora, Cuban Honeys have been reblended and boast new flavors, updated packaging, and that same dessert-like quality…without all the calories. Utilizing all-natural flavors, these tasty, mellow cigars boast Cuban-seed tobaccos from the lushest soils that the Dominican Republic has to offer. Be ready for crowds to congregate once the scent of these affordable sticks hits the air, just make sure to keep a firm grip on these tantalizing treats, or else have plenty of backups.

Drunken Truffle: A delectable dish of hearty coconut extract spliced with whisky, chocolate, Irish cream, and French vanilla. Unfortunately, these fine delicacies won’t get you drunk, but they are damn tasty. Be sure to give these goodies a try.

The advert writers are the best!  :unknown:

16 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Some brands are doing exceptionally well (Drew Estate/Oliva/Padron etc)  Others can't get any traction at all. 

The Oliva Serie V Melanio is a pretty solid NC cigar.   I’ve become quite the fan and has been my go-to for a while (the discovery of FOH May change all that).  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thirds said:

The Oliva Serie V Melanio is a pretty solid NC cigar.   I’ve become quite the fan and has been my go-to for a while (the discovery of FOH May change all that).  

When they first arrived they were very solid IMO.  As with most, it seems the OR are always lights out and then taper off as the leaf supply dwindles.

Still a good cigar......I call them a poor mans Padron but the price seems to be creeping up with popularity also.  I still grab a 5er of the maduros when they go on sale.

Some of the Perdomo stuff fits in my wheel house.  The 20th maduro and the "double aged vintage" are a decent catch for a change it up smoke.

@Capt. Corona 

Never tasted a Perdomo but I will gladly take your recommendation and run with it. 

The Padron ‘26 #2 is a pretty decent cigar (you can tell I use Aficionado rankings for my tastings) but I have limited experience with the brand.  I got hooked on the My Father Le Bijou torpedo and still have a few left in the humi. 

Been smoking randomly for years but just started really focusing on what I like and still trying to figure out what I like.  It’s a vast world out there!  

Bought a 5 pack of the Comacho Connecticut Robustos not too longs ago and it’s been an enjoyable smoke as well  

23 hours ago, El Presidente said:

as an aside. 

Major distributors and retailers around the world sing the praises of the Drew Estate team.  They are kicking serious goals outside of the USA. 

Putting a bunch of t-52s in the freebie box pass.they are pretty good to be fair, but the issue with them is aging. Smoke em or lose em.

22 hours ago, WABOOM said:

I don't have an eyebrow raising example, but I read an article about NC's being in huge demand in Asia, and the Middle East. Non Cuban brands are apparently experiencing a lot of growth in markets outside of their bread and butter zone (the U.S.). I met a truck driver here in the states that was from Jordan and he said in Jordan, Israel, and Saudi Arabia cigar smokers are backing away from Habanos.

More for me!