F&¢✓, Kill, Marry CC version...

Interesting thread @ElJavi76  

F- Davidoff Chateau Haut Brion from, lets say early ‘80s. I’ve never had a Cuban Davidoff, if I could, this would be the one. An early ‘60’s RA 898 would be a close second, but an RA isn’t a Davidoff. 

K- Party E2, a lot of guys are going to want to kill me for this, (it’s the Behike replacement, right?). But every one of these, aged, fresh, whatever, has been disappointing. 

M- We’re on the same page with the Connie A, still haven’t had a bad one. I adore them all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

M: HdM Des Dieux

Hard to hoard these when they can’t be found anywhere. 

7 minutes ago, Markspring1978 said:

K- Party E2, a lot of guys are going to want to kill me for this, (it’s the Behike replacement, right?). But every one of these, aged, fresh, whatever, has been disappointing. 

Ouch! LoL

I like these. Not like I like the Connie A, but I don't dislike then. I also will say I've had a few excellent ones. I only have Laguito and MSU boxes. Doesn't sound like your issue was aesthetics tho.

• Like 1

F: Talisman - doubt I’ll ever buy a box but I’d like to try one 

K: Monte 2 - just never had a good one 

M: gotta be Upmann. Magnum 50s have been incredible, Connie As delicious, and incredible looking boxes of Mag 46 and Connie 1 standing by.  It’s my go-to marca 

• Like 1

F: Some sort of Cuban Davidoff, but not super familiar with specific cigars as that was before my time. If it has to be something slightly more reasonable that I might actually get my grubby little hands on then I’d really love to try a Cohiba Sublime, have heard nothing but praise.

K: I’m sorry, but I’m with you on the E2, only had 1, but it was the most unenjoyable Cuban I have ever had which was actually smokeable. In fact, construction, draw, etc. we’re top notch, but flavor was not my cup of tea. I also have a slew of kills for non-Cubans (see Arturo Fuente’s entire non-opus portfolio).

M: CCE or CoRO probably. Epicure #2 close behind.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

F: Cohiba Grand Reserva

K:  Hoyo de Monterrey - Le Hoyo de San Juan

M: Anything H.Upmann; Connie 1s, Connie As, #2s, PC, Mag 50, SW....

Two interesting kills so far... 

Hoyo a San Juan's and E2's. Two rather popular cigars. It's why you gotta smoke em. On paper they have great followings but once you experience them you might not like a given cigar.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ElJavi76 said:

@Haaltert you know I didn't want to say QDO 50s or 54s for that matter but I kinda feel the same. I've had two 50s and a 54 and I might give them another shot but I got little to no pleasure. Insert Cuban tobacco here. Nothing memorable.

But, but, but they have a shiny new band and box....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3