So how’s the weather ?

You have it good.  I’m in Teton Valley Idaho on the west slope of the Tetons.  Heavy snow and sustained 25+ winds three weekends in a row.  Drift bustin up to my grill.  And snow days from work with major highways closed!!

I live in SE Minnesota. As of Thursday it was stated that we broke the record for “snowiest February in recorded history” Friday night into Saturday we received another 3” and last night into this morning an additional 10”. To date we have received somewhere in the neighborhood of 4’ so far in February and I just heard on the radio that we are supposed to get another 1-3” tomorrow night.

Previous to this we were smack dab in the middle of the polar vortex with -20* F temperatures and howling winds. Right now there is a blizzard warning in effect because it’s 3* (Farenheit) with winds around 30mph. Minnesota has a reputation for having tough winters and I have lived here all my life (56 years). This is the most snow and cold that I can remember since I was a kid. Geez!

Here are a couple of photos. The snow is just from last night’s snowfall. That is my son’s car in the snowbank which is now 10-12’ high.  We quit trying to dig it out a couple of weeks ago.

E63F88A1-33C3-4858-B972-11F45978E88D.jpeg

524EAFDF-B6B9-4266-883E-8663943AB067.jpeg

93850585-C592-410F-B0CA-E8BFB2124DBA.jpeg

• Like 1

The primary real problem with snows and weather like that is the loss of electricity. I presume people there have emergency generators on hand? :thinking:

3 hours ago, cigcars said:

The primary real problem with snows and weather like that is the loss of electricity. I presume people there have emergency generators on hand? :thinking:

This is in the Castle Rock lake area of central Wisconsin. If power went out I wouldn’t know about it since its a vacation home. Power is underground so hopefully it stayed on but I expect to find some broken pipes since all the snow slid off the roof and plugged the furnace intake ! Thats my smoking room pictured. Very poor snow in the past 5 years. I snowmobile and this is kind of  like it used to be up there 20 years ago. Its beautiful. Gonna try and get up there this week. Cant get the tractor out to clean up or get the snowmobiles out ! Hell I cant even see the woodshed. Somewhere in the pic is my trailer. Tractor is in the shed in the second pic. Oh well. Once I get there I can smoke inside n my Amish rocker !?

EC9B5A96-D7AE-47B1-9B4D-EB91BFBC3FB3.jpeg

E73EE424-9BEF-4B64-90C9-AFE52D7BE4E8.jpeg

59B3DE7F-F584-4D5D-9CA2-8C802A2AF80F.jpeg

• Like 2

In the 40s and windy.  25 mph with 40 mph gusts.  Today is trash day too, so our driveway is getting pretty messy with recyclables.  

These pics remind me why I left New England lol.  Finally sun out in NC today after rain for what seems like 40 days and nights.  Going to be 60 today.  Sorry guys
We've been scouting houses all around Raleigh this weekend. The rain was a good indicator of which properties are susceptible to flooding lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It was 75f  or so today in Kuwait. Beautiful weather but in a few months it will start to become unbearable. I had been stocking up on 30-40 minute smokes as that is the longest I will be able to take it in the summer. I'll take the weather for now.

Having lived in on the East Coast from Va to Rhode Island I feel for you guys in the snow.