Fat Bastid Competition Strategies

I was feeling pretty good with myself at 96.8 kilo once Steve (Mofoh) weighed  in at 101. Then he came into the office yesterday and I realised he was   half a foot taller than me.  :rolleyes:

My strategy is simple.  Fasting  (16/8), Exercise (gym x 5), low carb. 

The first two is easy. The last will require a booze review and some new recipes.

Aim: 88   If I get to that I will be tough to beat. 

For fellow competitors, this stat should ease your mind. Since 2004 I have yet to win any of my own FOH competition. :dunce:

• Like 1

I’m big guy at 6’4”, and my toes hanging 10 on my scale give away my size 15 feet, so I’m used to being a bit of a clydesdale among my fellow featherweight mountain bikers. But the perfect storm of no exercise for months/stressful work schedule/copious amounts of food and booze over the holidays had me at a new and shocking record high. Your announcement for this couldn’t have been better timed. 

My strategy is as simple as it gets: Ride my bike, eat veggies and fish, ride my bike, eat smaller meals, ride my bike, drink less booze, ride my bike, eat dinner earlier, ride my bike, try not to break my bike.

120.6 kilos at weigh in...my goal is to be south of 108 mid March.

I am 6'5" and kind of skinny fat, if I loose 8-10kg of fat and gain a bit of muscle I am good. Working too much, lack of sleep and lack of exercise is the main culprit. I eat well mostly, but sometimes have a bite to eat before sleep when I shouldn't.

So the strategy is more sleep, no midnight snacks and a little P90x and should be able to reach my goal. Can't work less but I can try to work smarter which might lead to more sleep. 

21 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

Sounds like an appalling and dangerous diet.  

I know what you mean. But hey, it’s temporary. Before I know it, half the year will be gone and I’ll need to start working on qualifying for Fat Bastid 2020.

5 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

I know what you mean. But hey, it’s temporary. Before I know it, half the year will be gone and I’ll need to start working on qualifying for Fat Bastid 2020.

Well good luck.  You're entering the world of coffee enemas, Kardashian Twitter feeds, gluten-free bread, and kombucha tastings hosted by people who relieve themselves on composting toilets.  It's a world fraught with danger at every corner. There is high risk of becoming a social justice warrior.   I'll drink an extra local Back Forty pale ale to help balance out the universe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Sleep away fat diet. Sleep during breakfast, lunch and dinner... and in-between meals. Being in a coma helps.

Its amazing how much weight people in a coma lose. Perhaps MD Puffer could set up a side line specializing in weight loss coma's...

It’s simple math really. Less calories consumed, more calories burned = weight loss.

3500 cal(approx) in 1lb of fat. If a person is at maintenance consumption, reduce calorie consumption by 500cal per day, you will lose 1lb per week. 

Ultimately the type of food does not matter(in most respects). It’s the calories. 

Soo...I am upping my exercise and lowering my food intake.

My wife has me on the effing Gillian Michaels 30 day shred. The thing is, it's so God damn tough, I end up conking out half way through. 

So I guess my strategy is continue my sedentary lifestyle, try and do 20 minutes of Gillian :tantrum: Michaels 3 times a week. Oh and try to :potty: my insides out for the week before weigh in by eating lots of hot chilli. 

So the low(no)-carb diet, intermittent fasting (16/8), a bit more practiced and regular exercise along with (slightly) less booze has me already down 3kg!

Watch out fat bastids!

21 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

My strategy is to shave off all body hair. I figure I've got at least 2kgs in my beard alone. Maybe 3. After that, I'm completely out of ideas.

Wrong strategy. Shaving still leaves the hair root. Wax it all off for better results.

8 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

ccb7abff-19ea-4bd7-b016-ca2623dc17a2.jpg

I'm nowhere near that hairy, but still... no thanks, Fuzz! :rotfl:

Waxing doesn't hurt that much to be honest. Had both legs waxed on a bet that I would scream. I kinda cheated and did sugaring instead (doesn't stick to the skin like wax does), but beyond the initial twinge, it doesn't really hurt. So put on your big boy pants and get waxing! :P

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2019 at 6:29 PM, El Presidente said:

I was feeling pretty good with myself at 96.8 kilo once Steve (Mofoh) weighed  in at 101. Then he came into the office yesterday and I realised he was   half a foot taller than me.  :rolleyes:

My strategy is simple.  Fasting  (16/8), Exercise (gym x 5), low carb. 

The first two is easy. The last will require a booze review and some new recipes.

Aim: 88   If I get to that I will be tough to beat. 

For fellow competitors, this stat should ease your mind. Since 2004 I have yet to win any of my own FOH competition. :dunce:

Hard liquor has no carbs, just empty calories.....