FOH Xmas & New Year Review Comp Ramón Allones Small Club Corona GEO NOV 13

My first RASCC.  I got a 5er of these in a trade because I had heard how great they were and was super curious.  

Two words:

Wow.

It’s a tough cigar to put into “thirds” because it’s not that large but it does have two distinct halves.  DF961DB4-1008-45A1-9C0B-C1C34EE8038B.thumb.jpeg.4cf32c57a53e8d0a3577e2f0102a397a.jpeg

I’ll admit I seem to have a soft spot for a lot of cigars rolled in late 2013 to 2014.  Somehow they seem to be very focused and tobacco is aging very well.  Maybe it’s just me.  On first light, I was blown away by how refined it was.  Grass, hay and funk.  Really special.  Subtle flavors but distinct and complex.  

E62B2DC4-94CC-4731-A966-4B90F0A97124.thumb.jpeg.eabd2db4cebe2979ccb83ae3723605e2.jpeg

Around the halfway point, cigar flipped.  (Both in flavor and apparently my photo).  While I had been loving the first half, I did have a gnawing feeling that, while great, it didn’t really have that “5 year Allones” flavor.  At the mid point, it was like a new leaf caught fire and blended in the classic deep Allones fruit flavor.  

This is a great cigar.  Looking forward to the next 4.  They likely have legs but the flavors seem so focused, I’ll likely try to finish these in the next 2-3 years