Any drone pilots or actual pilots on here?

Barely related items, but I partake in both! ?

Private pilot since 2002.  Fly Cessnas.  

Just started getting in to drones this past year.  They are hilariously fun.  Just have a mini drone and a T25 drone off Amazon.  Looking at a DJI Spark or Mavic Air in the future.  

Anyone else?

There's a thread on here about members who are licensed pilots.  Some great photos. 

I'm a licensed private pilot and commercial drone pilot.  I own a Piper Turbo Arrow III and a DJI Phantom III Professional.  

18 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Not yet, but I've always wanted to build an Ultralight...

Take a few lessons from an instructor first.  The basics in a single engine plane translate well to your ultralight.  

18 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I got my son a Phantom III, maybe 2 years ago.  It’s a lot of fun.  We haven’t flown it in about 6 months because it needs repairing and I have no idea who to bring it to.

Contact DJI directly?  I think their customer service is top notch.  So I've heard....

14 hours ago, chris12381 said:

There's a thread on here about members who are licensed pilots.  Some great photos. 

I'm a licensed private pilot and commercial drone pilot.  I own a Piper Turbo Arrow III and a DJI Phantom III Professional.  

Very cool!  I learned in a high wing so always stuck with a high wing.  Love the Cessna 182.  4 elephants and luggage and the plane is getting off the ground.  

• Like 1

We tried contacting them twice, with no response.

Odd. I’ve heard nothing but good things from DJI support. I’ve never personally used them but I know people who have and they were all pleased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

My wife and I are both getting our private pilot's license.  Here is our baby, a 1968 Piper Cherokee PA-28-180D.  She is in a hanger now at our FBO in Redlands, CA.

20180609_100610.jpg

20180609_100644.jpg

Learned to fly in something similar. We had a PA 28 235C Pathfinder. 

Got some old pics of our old Twin Comanche around here somewhere. I don't fly anymore, just too damned expensive for what I got out of it. I do miss flying now and if I were back in it, I would be making a STOL bush plane. I love that *hit...

Drones... we used to call them things, RC planes! Started with those when I was 10.

Enjoy the high. -R

So what the hell, I looked up the tail number and low and behold...

standard_retina_x6C7nqe2TFyKFaahHjir_1P6A6148.thumb.JPG.2e344001bdbf8d1515a457d24dd6f8a0.JPG

When we owned it, it was yellow!

• Like 1

Just bought a Spark.  I know this is the baby drone in the DJI lineup, but wow talk about a significant step up.  Super impressed by how stable this thing is.  The DJI app on the phone is also insane.  

I enjoy photography as a side hobby/sometimes paid gig, so I may try adding some drone shots to the lineup.  

On 12/30/2018 at 8:53 AM, PigFish said:

... going further, found our old TC as well. To my knowledge, we were the first to use the "anthracite" color on an airplane. You never saw this back in the day! Damn, my old man really loved that plane!

1533582-large.thumb.jpg.4f8847237864c32e63722a7f714c67f3.jpg

Love that plane @PigFish!!! I did my initial twin rating in a twin Comanche and still have a soft spot for it. We flew one on a trip around Australia back in the day to build up hours. Fuel system was entertaining. 

Best part of flying for a career is not having to pay for the upkeep. I’d love a small plane (maybe on the mainland) but it seems to much $$$ for how much it would get used. I’m looking at getting checked out this year soemewhere so can get back into general aviation. 

If anyone wants to cost share a $100 hamburger flight somewhere and smoke some cigars afterwards I’d be keen! 

Had a flight school in Colorado for a couple of years after I retired from IT. Owned a 152 (lots of fun at a 5300 foot field) and a 172, both that I used as rentals. My personal plane was a Bellanca Turbo Viking. Absolutely loved that airplane. Last logged flight was in 2004. Have been toying with the idea of getting a drone, but haven’t done much research into them. 

961F458F-C23F-4132-B9C4-1A9737C6C02A.jpeg

• Like 1