One of These is Not Like the Other

I was topping off my HUPC stock and noticed that one of the boxes (actual box) is different than the rest. The bottom left box is several shades darker than the others. The code checks out, the vendor is legit and I have no reason to doubt authenticity. Has anyone else seen this before?c474d170303f5ea4abaf3ed13ca7c180.jpgf57ff6da62bf0151c6c615094b5149d1.jpg80483554a431adbd99cd2706f71eaa48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if you noticed but even the font is different on those boxes. I had something like that recently with two boxes of ERdM Demi Tasse. Same year and code. Both from the same batch from Prez. I guess that's just Cuba for you? 

Screenshot_20180702-234658_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6585ff5cc291e068aba674f449ba53dc.jpg

I've got the same going on with two boxes of Partagas Salomones.  Ink colors look quite different between the two boxes, and both were purchased from the same reputable LCDH.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Welcome to Cuba! Critical of a government operation... Go to jail. Now how do you QC an operation like that? 

If you really want to get steamed, wait 'til you find out 20% are underfilled and are crap!

-the Pig

• Like 1

When counterfeiters start to copy PC boxes, those will be desperate times for them.  Everything looks legit here, I have seen various shades, different wood in the boxes, slightly different stamps, varying shaded box stickers, etc all with the same boxcode.  I was looking at the seals though, as that blue seal is a dead ringer for boxes sourced from Spain... which has had a history of counterfeits being sold, but never on cheaper boxes and smaller sized cigars, to my knowledge.

i don't care about the colors being different. i am just jealous of your HUPC collection

Cost less than two measly boxes of Talisman, if you think about it...
  • Like 1

As I always say, these are coming from a communist, 3rd world, country where the people are underpaid. They are not a highly engineered product with 3 levels of QC.

• Like 1