To the champions of conspicuous consumption....what is your last purchase

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a woodworking geek. Gave myself this new dust collector for Xmas and replumbed my shop with hardpipe form this to all the tools. Sounds like a jet engine when I turn it on - I love it! P.S. I

The Yoder YS 640 pellet smoker. My wife almost passed out when this beast got delivered. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Learning to fly so this was this weekend's purchase. The wife is learning to fly also so she approved the purchase which makes it a lot easier. I figure I either have a pile of receipts at the end of

On 7.3.2018 at 6:50 AM, Ken Gargett said:

i do not have a problem, even if i do have more zacapa xo than any retailer in australia!

wine, rum, books and fishing gear. spare me.

this morning i found a second copy of an extremely expensive wine book. i have no recollection of buying either. i would have got one as soon as released but i have absolutely no idea how i got the 2nd one. and who doesn't need a fly rod for every occasion. 

rums - last count, i was in the high 90s for different rums. and of course, one needs more than a single bottle of most of them (although i am not there yet).

not even starting on wine. 

I really would like to see Kens wine colleccion & humidors! I bet they are awesome.

3 hours ago, BlackFriar said:

This was my latest impulse purchase.

Cigar Punch Knife.jpg

I have one as well. I love it. 

• Like 2

On 3/7/2018 at 4:04 PM, CigarAsh said:

I'm a woodworking geek. Gave myself this new dust collector for Xmas and replumbed my shop with hardpipe form this to all the tools. Sounds like a jet engine when I turn it on - I love it!

P.S. It came in about a 500 lb crate. My wife sh!t when it showed up unannounced. Oops!

pflux-3-cyclone-dust-collector.jpg

Nice! How was the install?  I just had the C|Flux: 1 delivered. 

3 hours ago, bierz said:

Nice! How was the install?  I just had the C|Flux: 1 delivered. 

Pretty simple really. Best thing to do is go to the Laguna website and find their video installation. Make sure and watch the entire video first then do the install. It's a good video but it's done by "but first" man.  You know the type, the video guy says screw nut A onto bolt B, blah, blah, blah,  BUT FIRST be sure and put bracket C into place.  I had one of my sons helping me because the unit was pretty hard to lift once you attach the blower motor, and after two or three "BUT FIRST" moments where we had to undo what we just did so we could do the "but first", we finally broke down and went through entire video to find more but first moments. 

You'll definitely need want a helper to get it upright and maybe to get it out of the crate. Mine's the 3hp version and I did some extra wiring for my shop to support it.  You might also check on the lumberjocks.com website. They have a pretty good forum discussion going on the Laguna dust collectors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylorgov2 said:

Last impulse buy was this Luminox SR-71 Blackbird Limited Edition watch...not that I needed another watch. 

20180402_183527.jpg

Nice watch! How is Dothan? I used to live there back in the day. 

8 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Just because you can't fit into your old jeans, doesn't mean you also have to buy a new car. :P

So which fits better now? The new car or the new jeans?

30 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Very nice. What is that a Range Rover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 RR Evoque HSE Dynamic

..........we made the mistake of sitting in it :rolleyes:

It replaces my Jeep as day to day transport.

Fuzz I went and drove the Alfa Romeo Stelvia. Fit and finish still needs some real work. Long way behind a Macan or RR. 

Fuzz I went and drove the Alfa Romeo Stelvia. Fit and finish still needs some real work. Long way behind a Macan or RR. 

Beauty. Love the colour too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Well, Alfas were never known for their interior quality! :P But the Stelvia Quadrifoglio will shred the Evoque at the lights.

Well, Alfas were never known for their interior quality! But the Stelvia Quadrifoglio will shred the Evoque at the lights.

So will the Macan S :D