El Presidente

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We hooked up with Jorge (George) on the first day of our havana trip. We hit it off straight away. Jorge speaks fluent English, is a raconteur, historian, tour guide, problem solver and just a decent

My wife and I used Jorge last Thursday. Everything you have read is true. Very proud and knowledgeable of the area. He is educating himself into the cigar world to accommodate the FOH members. He is m

I met Jose Fernandez through a mutual friend here on FOH (Hat tip, and a thank you, you know who you are, much respect). Pre-Covid I would visit Havana a couple times a year with my Dad and friends. J

Well, the wife talked to Jorge, so when we arrive in Cuba at the end of July he'll be greeting us at the airport! Thanks again for this thread! 

• 2 months later...
On 2/6/2018 at 11:46 PM, upnflames said:

If anyone is looking for a great driver that will pick up at airport or port and is a great guy please let me know. There has been several on here and friends that have used his services. He speaks Spanish and English and retired from Habanas s.a. In Cuba and moved to Canada for Habanas s.a. as well. He knows everyone in Cuba that has anything to do with Cigars which makes it very nice. He's reasonably priced and most of the time he will get you custom cigars free to smoke at the shops. He's precise and always on time. Great guys just let me know if your interested and I will give you his info. The pictures are of my fulltime driver/friend..Arturo is his name. 

Cheers, 

Robert Rogers

DSC_0056.JPG

We are heading down in a few weeks and I would definitely be interested in hiring him for a day if he’s available! Can you PM me any contact info? 

1 hour ago, GotaCohiba said:

I’ll vouch for him like this

I book my trips around his availability to take care of me

If he’s not available I pick dates that work for him

Haha that’s high praise. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

George is a good guy and he is on time and very reliable.  If he is not available when you want to schedule a pickup he will arrange for someone else to be there. His reliability is peerless in Cuba.  Over a long weekend, me and my party had half a dozen pre arranged pickups and George or his people were there every time.

George also knows the LCDHs that most of us want to see.  Just don’t count on him for nightlife suggestions. If you are younger and in Cuba to party, that’s just not his scene.  

George has had a lot of business lately for FOH, Rob has done him a real solid.  If he knows you are from FOH, he will be all that more responsive.

• 2 months later...

Yorge picked my wife and I up at the airport, drove us around all day the following day and arranged for a ride to the airport when we were leaving and he was not available. A+ service. He is a busy, busy man, and his services seem to always be in demand as he gets calls and texts throughout the day. He had a multi-day multi-province trip this week, a big one he was talking about in March with someone from FOH (or as he says, “the club”), and he even got an urgent last minute request to pick up a group at 4:30AM the next day while we were en route to one of the many shop visits.

He answers e-mails within 24 hours and also has WhatsApp to text, also within 24 hours. Airport rides are 30CUC and a full day of driving (10-7 or 11-8) was 100CUC.

He has good recommendations on nice restaurants, although they definitely skew to the nicer places.

His English is good and both parties can understand most of what the other is saying. He is a friend of this here club, and I will be recommending him to friends and family that may be going down there.

He is good friends with Yolanda and also has Alex’s number and can call and make pre-arrangements with both, which I would recommend.  

• Like 1

I just finished 2 days with Jorge. I can confirm that he is reliable, bilingual, honest and really likes to take care of FOH members. One store decided to close early yesterday and Jorge talked them into letting me finish up the purchases for my trip. I would highly recommend him to anyone. I had a great visit and he took great care of me.

Another FOH member has him booked for today. He is very, very busy and probably needs to hire another car & driver going forward as he is constantly receiving requests for service.

In Jorge I trust!

cdddbd659b151068d9b98cd95544d262.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Diesel 777 said:

My wife and I used Jorge last Thursday. Everything you have read is true. Very proud and knowledgeable of the area. He is educating himself into the cigar world to accommodate the FOH members. He is making contacts and took me to see Alex on the first day he was back at his shop. Honest is an understatement. My dumbass self accidentally left my wallet in his car at the end of our day. I realized it about 30 minutes later in a full panic tearing our cabin apart on the ship. As I am trying to retrace my steps the phone rings. My wife blurts out “there’s your wallet”. Jorge had found it and was at the port with it. The Royal Caribbean staff along with the Cuban customs and security were great at getting back down quickly. He is standing there with my wallet. Hands it to me and immediately says “check it”. I did and the 600 CUC and $200 US were still there. I go to give him something for his honesty and he backs up and refuses. I then try to give him a hug in appreciation and he backs up thinking I’m going to hide it somewhere on him. Needless to say, he is a great man. Yes, my stupidity would’ve been a nice score for him but he would rather have the constant business from us to make more money in the long run. If you have and questions about Jorge or Cuba, let me know. I hope I can return sooner than later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow what a great guy. Definitely booking him for my next trip

I received an email from Jorge Christmas eve asking me to go to Trip Advisor and rate him, which I cheerfully did. 

Go to Trip Advisor/Cuba/Things to do in Havana/Taxis Clavijo and rate him.  He will be most appreciative. 

I guess the downside for his customers is his schedule will be full, so you better be prepared to book him far in advance.  Good for Jorge.  He deserves all the success.  I hope he's getting Cuba rich, but I'm afraid the government recently put restrictions on private drivers and other privately owned businesses.  I just hope it's not affecting his income.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great trip this time with both Arturo and Jorge 

Either of them is a great option 

If going out to Pindar del Rio I’d recommend Jorge

If hitting cigar shops or touring the history of Havana I’d recommend Arturo

Arturo contact info :  [email protected]

Just my $.02.     Either of them can be trusted to provide you a great service

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 1:24 PM, GotaCohiba said:

Booked Jorge for a day trip to see Hector Luis Prietos finca middle of Feb

Hoping for the same experience that all of you have had

I’m booked with Arturo for 3 days as well

I’m booked with Arturo for a day to tour cigar shops and such. I know he also does a city tour.  What other tours does he do?  Just curious as to what tours you are doing with him?

Does he have modern car with AC or older classic?  I going in summer so just seeing what to expect. 

Thanks.

On 3/2/2019 at 11:42 PM, crasmith said:

I’m booked with Arturo for a day to tour cigar shops and such. I know he also does a city tour.  What other tours does he do?  Just curious as to what tours you are doing with him?

Does he have modern car with AC or older classic?  I going in summer so just seeing what to expect. 

Thanks.

Modern car with AC - Hyundai Accent, white in color

He gives a great tour of old Havana, but can build it to your request 

10 minutes ago, GotaCohiba said:

He occasionally does a day trip to Veradero 

Maybe there will be a cool snap?  Lol!  Yeah I’ve heard it’s  hot for sure.  Just use it to test water samples for another trip. ?