Glen Campbell

I just watched his daughter Ashley singing Remembering. Very touching. You can see that he was not only a great musician but he was also a great father and his family loved him very much. I have one of his records and I will be playing that tonight.

• Like 1

Was also part of the tapestry of songs /artists that punctuated my years growing up. great songs great man you will be missed Glen RIP :flower:

• Like 1

You know you're getting older when the artists whose songs were the soundtrack of your youth are passing away. While Glenn Frey and the Eagles provided the soundtrack of my young adult years, Johnny Cash and Glen Campbell provided the soundtrack of my adolescent years. I remember watching Glen Campbell's TV show and enjoying his musical talents immensely.

His suffering is over, and he's in a better place now. RIP, Glen Campbell.

I'm barely old enough to remember him in his hey day.  Around the time  he went public with the alzheimer's diagnosis I heard an interview with Jimmy Webb who wrote many of his hits.  What a tremendous talent. He was also well known as a session player and was part of what became known as the Wrecking Crew. The guy was everywhere in his day and his work, imho, is first class. RIP

• Like 1