Cohiba Robusto Reserva

Here's my problem with these boxes and it has happened a couple of times. Now I just have empty ones as keepsakes. Given to me at a nice cigar store when we were great customers. 

I cannot take one out to smoke and destroy the set, the value or what I paid for it. It would literally make the cigar taste weird I think? Owned them, turned around and sold them for what we paid pretty fast so we could. Just to get them off the shelf.

CB

5000 boxes (20)

To be launched next Festival del Habano.

....and released in 2021, judging by the availability of the RyJ Wide Churchill and Sir Winston Grand/Reservas ;)
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Photo from HSA today:

Also, this gem was written by HSA under a photo of a new HdM line:

"Le Hoyo Río Seco is a new vitola of heavy gauge that adds to Le Hoyo Series, enriching this line and the range of heavy gauges, much demanded by the real consumer."

I've seen a few polls here on FoH that deals with ring gauges and my impression is that there is a large preference towards smaller (at least < 50 rg). I guess we aren't real consumers! :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

From CA today:

"The Edición Limitada cigars for 2018 will consist of the Romeo y Julieta Taco, 6 2/3 by 49; Bolivar Soberano, 5 1/2 by 54 and an H. Upmann Propios, 4 3/4 by 46. The relative slim size of these ELs was intentional. José María López Inchaurbe, the vice president of development for Habanos, said the two thinner ring gauge cigars were attempts by Habanos S.A. to appeal to many smokers who prefer more classic ring gauges, rather than the thicker cigars that have become popular in recent years."

46 is considered thin now? :angry:

Yeah, at least we get a few skinnys in there....kinda. I wish they would just bring back some of the old goodies. The cohibas wont be seen for 3 years per the current trend. It was exactly 3 years ago the rJ gran reserva was debuted...and we are just seeing them. 2019 Hoyo, 2020 sir winnie GR

12 hours ago, encephalization said:

"Le Hoyo Río Seco is a new vitola of heavy gauge that adds to Le Hoyo Series, enriching this line and the range of heavy gauges, much demanded by the real consumer."

I've seen a few polls here on FoH that deals with ring gauges and my impression is that there is a large preference towards smaller (at least < 50 rg). I guess we aren't real consumers! :(

The Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo Rio Seco is 56 ring gauge x 140 mm (or 5 1/2 inches). I concur, popular sentiment here on FoH is for the 42 ring gauge x 155 mm (6 inches) Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo des Dieux to return to regular production!

• Like 2

".... will consist of the .... 6 2/3 by 49; .....5 1/2 by 54 and ..... 4 3/4 by 46. The relative slim size of these ELs was intentional. José María López Inchaurbe, the vice president of development for Habanos, said the two thinner ring gauge cigars ...."

Haha, that's a nice telltale one.

I wonder which two of those three CA is referring to as slim..... as it surely can't be the Rg 46, for the name already sais it, that's corona "gorda" girth.  :lol::cowpoop:

• Haha 1

If my memory still serves me, Cohiba already had Reserva (Esplendidos, Robustos, Coronas Especiales, Piramides, Media Corona) and Gran Reserva (Siglo VI) before, 2003 and 2009 respectively. I did not expect to see Cohiba Robusto is chosen as Reserva programme once again...

Sent from my SHV-E300S using Tapatalk

".... will consist of the .... 6 2/3 by 49; .....5 1/2 by 54 and ..... 4 3/4 by 46. The relative slim size of these ELs was intentional. José María López Inchaurbe, the vice president of development for Habanos, said the two thinner ring gauge cigars ...."

Haha, that's a nice telltale one.

I wonder which two of those three CA is referring to as slim..... as it surely can't be the Rg 46, for the name already sais it, that's corona "gorda" girth.  :cowpoop:

I mean, if you take the mean of the three smokes mentioned there, at least it is sub 50 RG (49.66777) LOL. Thanks HSA for throwing all of us lowly skinny smokers a bone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my memory still serves me, Cohiba already had Reserva (Esplendidos, Robustos, Coronas Especiales, Piramides, Media Corona) and Gran Reserva (Siglo VI) before, 2003 and 2009 respectively. I did not expect to see Cohiba Robusto is chosen as Reserva programme once again...

Sent from my SHV-E300S using Tapatalk

Why not? Guaranteed money maker. Just look at the LEs of recent years.