Your Best and Your Worst cigar of July 2014?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Underrated where and by who? This cigar is unanimously praised on cigar boards for years.

Was gifted a Cohiba Esplindido from a mate that tasted like burnt hair, It lasted 30 min before I tossed it I really hope it was a fake one Best stick this year was prob a PL Montecarlo (an exceptio

Huh. So not just me on those Triunfos. I posted up a thread a while back on it Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

Worst: Siglo 5, Pretty sure it was a fake. 10 minutes in I had to lay it down.

Best: Monsdale for obvious reasons... It was a Monsdale!

Honorable mention goes to Encantos, some Punch Punch, RA Superiores

Best = A Bolivar Royal Corona OGA DIC11

Worst = R&J Wide Churchill - not sure the age or code. Probably my worst cigar of 2014.

Was gifted a Cohiba Esplindido from a mate that tasted like burnt hair, It lasted 30 min before I tossed it

I really hope it was a fake one

Best stick this year was prob a PL Montecarlo (an exceptional CnC) or the RA CF that have just started to come alive in recent months

• Like 1

Best: La Gloria Cubana Md'O #1 2001. simply sublime.

Worst overall: Jamaican Bay Jamaican cigar gifted to me by a friend.

Worst Cuban: A surprise here as it was a 2005 Mag 46 which for me are 99/100 spot on. Must have been a dud as the rest from the same box have been brilliant.

Best- H upmann Mag 46 from 2010 (So smooth, sweet, touch of spice and creamy. Retro-hale from the last third was pure bliss ok.gif )

Worst- RASS from 2013 (started bland, loose, picked up a bit at the end)

Best: Bolivar Lonsdales. Forgot the rating. But I think it was a 95 (my highest score I give without nubbing it)

Worst: RyJ Double Corona

Rating : 5

Runner up worst: RyJ Duke

Rating : 42

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

Best - MUO coded Siglo II. Batting 2/2 with this box thus far. 92+

Worst - 2011 Trini Reyes. Hopefully just a dudder out of my 12 count cab. The others have been good to great

Best: Montecristo - #4

Worst: Romeo y Julieta - Julieta

This Monte 4 was the first from a PSP box handpicked by Rob. Very young (2014 box code), and I smoked it to the nub without harshness.

Gets a special mention as it was the first good Montecristo I've smoked to date. Now I understand what people refer to when talking about the trademark Montecristo flavours.

While the flavours were distinct and pleasant, they were also slightly subdued. I expect this box to get even better with time. Can't wait for the next one!

Best cigar of this month was a bloody good Partagas Short I smoked few days ago. Unbelievable depth and complexity. Consistetly good box but this stick was out of space (ROL MAY13) Runner up: H.Upmann Royal Robusto

The worst of July was a Montecristo No5. Underfilled wind tunnel. (OPE SEP12)