Edmundo or Petite Edmundo?

I have just had a tremendous Monte Petite Edmundo of recent vintage and must have more! However, it was quick smoke and the regular-sized Edmundo looks more like the length I'd prefer. Can the folks here tell me how they stack up against each other? Enquiring minds want to know.

I've had a handful of each. I definitely prefer the PE. I don't know if it's just a different blend or it I had a great box but the regular Edmundo wasn't as great of a smoke. Now the MGE is a totally different story altogether. :)

• Like 1

I love the PE. The Edmundo is great as well, but something about the PE is better. Possibly it doesn't have time to build up any bitterness because of the short size. Unless you purge your larger cigars they can build up smoke/bitterness towards the end.

I just finished an 09 box of Edmundos. I simply adore these sticks. They get my vote every day over the Petit Edmundo. They pretty much are my go to smoke. Great size, good taste, love the vitola.

My second favorite cigar is the Edmundo Tubo. Hands down. (I agree that the Tubo is a bit different than the non-Tubo... likely the long term enclosure in cedar?)

The Petite Edmundo is in my top 10. No doubt.

You really can't go wrong either way.

Personally, I'd get both. (And, normally, I do.) PE is a super short smoke. The Edmundo Tubo is a great longer smoke.

So, how much time do you have? That's the question I would ask...

I am not a fan of Montecristo because I have never had a great experience with 4s, 2s, or Edmundos although I would really like to be a fan. .... BUT I had an outstanding PE in Cuba recently. Made me re-think my thoughts on Montes and thought about picking up some but Bolis won out biggrin.png