Cigar confessions....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is freakin great. :P

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything too crazy.. Originally when I used to purchase a couple cigars at a time from a local "SmokeLovers" retail chain i used to store them in a take away container, With a peice of sink sponge I'd cut and soak in tap water.

I thought I was very clever with my storage solution for my modest couple of stick at a time humidification. :P

A funny incident that comes to mind was not that long ago.

I was enjoying a smoke while lying on my back in the backyard looking up at the stars waiting for an expected meteor shower.

After awhile it started to develop a funky burnt paper taste. I sat up and looked at it to see i had smoked half of the band.

2 stories

1. My first box of CC's were fake Monte #2's.......and they were AWESOME! But that is boring because everyone in this community has smoked fakes in the past. Even Nino.

2. When I was younger I dated a girl who's father was a nice guy but a fall down drunk. I remember going to his house for a cookout with the girl. He got drunk. So did I. And then I lit up an Ashton Cabinet. He approached me and asked if he could have a taste. Yuck! But I was feeling no pain so I said ok and handed him the stick. But he put it in his mouth BACKWARDS and burned his mouth. After screaming in pain, he accused me of doing it on purpose and got in my face. Now, in my younger days I did not back down from anyone. We needed to be separated (or so I was told). That relationship did not last much longer.

FJ

Oh..So you mean you cant put the cigar out and pop it back in the tube for next weekend?lookaround.gif

OH, that's a CLASSIC! totally did that when I was smoking H.Upmann monarchs in the big silver tube....

Funny thing I saw at a sketchy cigar lounge. A new enthusiast was smoking till the nub with a toothpick. He was so proud of himself for being a genius until he burned his lips. I tried so hard to keep myself from laughing.

As for myself...My first 3 cigars I bought from a local b/m were non Cuban. I didn't have a humidor or a jar so I wrapped them in wet towel napkins...

I also tried to charge an empty cedar lined cigar box with wet tea leaves thinking they would "infuse" the box, hence giving the cigars a better flavor...

The first real cigar I've smoked wouldn't burn properly cause I was in the wind. Then I brought it back to my apartment and smoked it in the bathroom with the vent on. It felt good for about 10 minutes( I kept thinking "ummmm, this feels gooddd") then the next thing I know I was on the floor. Either it was nicotine overdose or carbon monoxide poisoning; or both.

I still have a box of stray opus X's but they are in an empty Cc box. So I don't know which box they are.

A few weeks ago when I was in Miami I did not bring CC's with me this time because I did not want to risk trouble at customs. I went to a cigar store and the NC's were so $$ I bought a box of Ashton VSG Robustos and now I have this stray box .

Lastly, I had this box of Punch Coronas that I tried and tried to like. They were just "off". (Did not get them here). This past weekend Tom tried one, confirmed they sucked and we threw the last dozen, box and all, into the fireplace for a decent burial.

RIP.

When I first started smoking cigars at 17 and didn't know what way was up in the cigar world, I used to keep the smoked ends of my cigars. Never occured to me i could just keep the wrappers.. Eventually I caved and threw them out due to the smell.. Really wish i could identify what the cubans were with the red bands.. And yes, those are flavoured indonesian cigars.. Dont judge me!

post-13064-0-17532800-1361349498_thumb.j

oh boy...I have a handful of Backwoods in my humidor as we speak lol

The black ones are good. Havent had then in a long time though. They might not be good for the humidor due to that flavor but if in the pack then i guess its ok. Still good little cigars for the "backwoods" haha

I once clipped a Cohiba esplendido in half to share with a cigar smoking buddy...

I once did this with a Monte A that was procured in exchange for a bicycle in Cuba. For shame... I didn't know any better.

And I once bought a box of Brick House at a tasting. Blech. Too much to drink.

When I first started smoking cigars at 17 and didn't know what way was up in the cigar world, I used to keep the smoked ends of my cigars. Never occured to me i could just keep the wrappers.. Eventually I caved and threw them out due to the smell.. Really wish i could identify what the cubans were with the red bands.. And yes, those are flavoured indonesian cigars.. Dont judge me!

Quintero bands?

I have so many embarrassing stories...

A random guy once recommended a Tatuaje, and when he asked how it was, I told him frankly that it was the worst cigar I've ever had. The guy's name was Pete Johnson.

Carlito's godfather gave me a couple of very special Opus. I put it in my back pocket. Then I sat down.

I threw up after Litto gave me one of his first LG lancero...actually looking back, there's been a lot of throwing up from cigars when I was trying out NCs. It's not the secret to this svelte body, I swear.

You win!!

Quintero bands?

Hmm.. Looks like you could be onto something! Going to delve deeper into this..Maybe i should buy a nostalgia box.. :P

I put my 3 month old desktop humi in an esky with a 2litre bottle of ice to keep the temp down. I didnt have the humi raised high enough and the coke bottle had split which I was unaware of and when it melted the humi soaked the water right up. Long story short, by the time I got to it the humi was pretty well screwed shead.gif . Hence me now looking for a small wine cooler. Was pretty gutted.