What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Sadly I'm currently in Seattle and liquor is just too expensive. Bought a bottle of Finlandia tonight for $23 tonight. I really wanted to nab a single malt, but the cheapest bottle was Glenlivet 12 for around $42. No f*in way I'm paying that much. Glenlivet 12. Having a couple fingers of the Finlandia now. Not bad at all. Better than Grey Goose imo. Not as good as Nemiroff and Beluga Gold Line (frozen Beluga Gold goes down like water, literally).

One of my new favorites: a few fingers of Four Roses single barrel bourbon. Has a nice spicy characteristic to it with an amazing finish. Also pretty potent at 100 proof. Seems to be pairing well with my R&J short Churchill. I find that bourbons and Irish whiskeys seem to work well with a good cigar. First decent warmish (as in finally not cold) evening on my deck in some time. Good finish to a long day.

A good day today at the UK Penfolds "icon & luxury" tasting, including Bin 707 2010 & 1998, Grange 2008, 1998 & 1990

Kirkland American Vodka (distilled six times). $15 for 1.75L. Good mixer, but pretty gross straight-up.

Why on earth would you drink that stuff straight up?????

I agree, good mixer. Nobody will tell the difference between this and $45 Grey Goose (which you can't even get in France, BTW - same as St. Pauli Girl Beer which you cannot find in Germany :rolleyes:)

bYN5zon.gif

I had some time this afternoon ( three hours so far) and have been sampling around with some of the offerings on the shelf at my local Cigar club and had a dram each of the Macallan 21 Fine Oak, Highland Park 18 and Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams ( I am all over the place today..in that kind of mood) I have had all three before and my palate today rates the Highland Park my favorite of the bunch.

The Glenrothes select reserve. For the price here in Aus of $55 ,in a gift pack with two glasses, it is the first whisky I am struggling to enjoy.

Has a fake vanilla scent on the nose like a cheap brandy. Should give it a rest for a month or so and see if there is any improvement.

What will a month of rest do for the whisky?

I had half a bottle of Johnny double black lose a sharp edge to the flavour and so the second half of the bottle was smoother and"darker".

No guarantees I guess with this one. Might also be a factor that it will grow on me in the mean time. Lol

Woodford Reserve for me, kindly brought over by a American friend of mine because its hard to find here and when you do its ££££

It just so happens that I'm staying with the wife's grandparents on the way back to Atlanta. They offered me some 'shine that comes from the hills of the Carolina's. Since they don't drink the stuff, they said I could take it home with me. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's cherry flavored. It has a little added sweetness. It is definitely a corn based liquor... along with the heat of a higher ABV rating. I think I will be sleeping well tonight :D

4F64A5AC-B77D-44D2-A05A-DF58D8521727-255-00000024CB0704BC_zps3fdb612d.jpg

Ron Millonario 15 Rum from Peru. Great but almost gone now and very HTF in Cali. Last time I had to order a whole case directly from the importer :o

post-7384-1369185261336.jpg