What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

My go-to lately, in "kinda" watching my calorie intake, has been drinking either HC 7 or El Dorado 12, with Coca-Cola Zero. You know, I tried Diet Coke and stuff like that years back, and I love the taste of real Coke, so this Coke Zero is actually really damn close, and wonderfully minus the 160-calories per can.

Awesome.

Gettin' blitzed, without the calorie binging guilt!!!!! :party:

Now that more and more people have tried the Kirkland 20yr Speyside, is this a better deal going for $45 than the Kirkland 15yr Macallan for $50? I still haven't been over to pick some up yet but I know my Costco has both.

I prefer the 15Y, if you can still find it. It's hard to pinpoint, but the 20Y seems to be lacking something for me. The 15Y is really a killer dram.

2007 Cakebread CabSav - a nice and warranted step up after the 2009 Plumpjack Merlot last night...

tried to stop at half of a bottle and just finishing the whole thing off now as I contemplate which scotch to grab to light up my evening fire pit cigar...

Enjoying a home brewed Belgian strong ale that I brewed 9 months ago. At 9.0% abv it will warm you up. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I went outside to enjoy a smoke ('09 Boli Gold Medal) and it was colder outside here in NYC than I expected so...since it was "noonish" I poured myself a dram of one of my favorites a Mortlach 16....strictly for medicinal purposes of course

Opened my Compass Box "Peat Monster" last night - not as peaty as the name would imply but had a fair amount of smoke and was very tasty, especially for a vatted malt. :2thumbs:

On Saturday opened a bottle of Noe Pedro Ximenez VORS Sherry (30y) which has the kind of dark sweetness that pairs very well with cigars imo.

Love those Gonzalez Byass VORS bottlings. Could see it working well with a Mag 48!