What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

No cigar tonight. 35mph wind with gusts to 50. Feels like my house is going to blow down.

Got some Laphrioag Cairdeas '14. Sadly only 2 more pours left in that bottle =(

• Like 2

I enjoyed some ***** From The Barrel tonight. I took this bottle to my friend David's house for his traditional family Good Friday Seafood lunch earlier today and we went through half the bottle easily. He and his twin brother, Rob and his sister Cathy also enjoyed it greatly. The consensus among all of us was how the finish was slightly sweet, it was the first time we all had Japanese whisky and we all felt that we'd be happy to have it again the next time. party.gif

Cheers sengjc for the recommendation! ok.gif

post-23478-0-24848100-1428067109_thumb.j

• Like 2

Glengoyne Cask Strength, Batch 001

I've been on a great run recently.... Haven't had a bad whisky for ages.

Manhattan's last night...

With Orange bitters....intriguing to say the least! I've got to give that a try. I like to think I'm somehwat of a traditionalist with these classic cocktails!

With Orange bitters....intriguing to say the least! I've got to give that a try. I like to think I'm somehwat of a traditionalist with these classic cocktails!

It's not an every night thing... Last night it just felt right

$5 on the Lag 12.

Hahahaha... nah for me Bruichladdich wins with the PC11. Personally, I actually prefer the "mass produced" Lagavulin 16 Year Old to the Lagavulin 12 Year Old and even the Octomore 6.1. Lagavulin 12 Year Old is the least preferred of the 4.

3d1e4e0b31bb2d8477486dca167eae90.jpg

I may well be a minority here but this doesn't do it for me as far as stout goes. Much rather Guinness Draught over this to be honest. Where's the hop bitterness in this?!?

• Like 2

I may well be a minority here but this doesn't do it for me as far as stout goes. Much rather Guinness Draught over this to be honest. Where's the hop bitterness in this?!?

Love that 'bitter' edge to Guinness Draught, my favourite beer!

• Like 1

I enjoyed some ***** From The Barrel tonight. I took this bottle to my friend David's house for his traditional family Good Friday Seafood lunch earlier today and we went through half the bottle easily. He and his twin brother, Rob and his sister Cathy also enjoyed it greatly. The consensus among all of us was how the finish was slightly sweet, it was the first time we all had Japanese whisky and we all felt that we'd be happy to have it again the next time. party.gif

Cheers sengjc for the recommendation! ok.gif

attachicon.gif2015-04-03 23.06.54.jpg

Hi John you are right the ***** Is not a bad drop,Japanese whiskey was the find of my trip to Japan last year who knewinnocent.gif

• Like 1