What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Nice - Grande Champagne version.

That is very perceptive of you, Sengjc! My brother-in-law picked this up in the late 90s. I know it was a 50th Anniversary special release, it's smoother than the normal Hennessy X.O. He's not a cognac drinker, but he knows I enjoy it so he brought it out for me to enjoy with our cigars.

That is very perceptive of you, Sengjc! My brother-in-law picked this up in the late 90s. I know it was a 50th Anniversary special release, it's smoother than the normal Hennessy X.O. He's not a cognac drinker, but he knows I enjoy it so he brought it out for me to enjoy with our cigars.

It is increasingly hard to find these day - if you are lucky you might still get it at some of the Asian dutyfree: Singapore, Hong Kong or Malaysia would be the best places.

Some Auchentoshan 17 Year Old that was distilled in 1995, matured in a refill sherry hogshead and bottled unchillfiltered at cask strength by independent bottlers: the Whiskybroker.

fd2ac60203a22bb5315c9d4adab9e16a.jpg

Very nice together, both drink and smoke possess subtlety in flavour profile that are complementary.

• Like 2

Cairdeas 14 edition. Probably going to follow up with some Longrow Red 11 and if I want another drink, and I'll probably will, some 2nd Edition All Islay from Kilchoman

A drop of Drambuie today with my whisky stones. The bottle is the old-style version, so I've had it awhile, and I felt that it was time to sample this wonderful honey-flavoured original whisky!

post-23478-0-06264700-1427531587_thumb.j

Watched the the last hour of the Aussie innings in World Cup cricket final (boring) with:

- Bruichladdich Laddie 10

- Ardbeg Uigedail

Only just getting into whiskys after a long love affair with rums. Tonight after a BBQ I opened a bottle each of laddie 10, glenfarclas 12 and 15. Liked them all enough but fighting the urge to sample some more zacapa x.o. when we make it home, thinking with a royal robusto at this stage.

• Like 1

I'm getting ready for winter.

Tonight, so far I've had a Laphroaig quarter cask, and a Lagavulin 16.

The Laphroaig is a bloody good dram.