What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Amrut Fusion. Godawful whisky - I can only stand it with lots of ice cubes. Wasted $65+tax on this crap. Don't listen to the reviews - it is total and utter shite and best used as bicycle degreaser no.gif

As you can tell, I am going through my stash of opened bottles to make some space for all this new stuff I've been buying.

Amrut Fusion. Godawful whisky - I can only stand it with lots of ice cubes. Wasted $65+tax on this crap. Don't listen to the reviews...

My mates and I tasted the Amrut Fusion in the 2013 Whisky Live Melbourne and didn't think it was as highly rated as it should be either.

Glenmorangie Ealanta 1993 Vintage 19 Year Old.

Sharing a dram of the 2014 Whisky of the Year with the father-in-law.

e2ysyped.jpg

Couldn't resist but had to crack one open to see for myself.

It is a unique whisky. Bourbon-like nose with the oaky vanilla and coconut dominant with sweet malt vying for attention. Has a minty tinge and some complementary bitterish woody-black pepper notes. Not as sweet as the Astar and none of the brashness. It has a creamy character to it.

Balanced and quite mellow with some complexity. Really smooth and elegant. An amazingly long lasting finish that starts of oaky becoming a long, long sweet malty finish.

Malt of the Year? May not necessarily be the case for me but it is a seriously good malt all the same.

I think I may have to get another carton of six to stash away. :D