What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Maker's 46. Don't know what to make of it yet.

me too, I've had a few bottles of 46, I keep going back to the original Makers Mark though. Something about the 46 seems a little rough around the edges to me, I like the idea of the extra oak aging but it overpowers some of the other flavors in my opinion. A lot of people like it though, really can't go wrong with any premium or small batch Kentucky bourbon.

some of the folks above were talking about Blantons, it's really good. Costs a bit more than MM but worth it, its my other "go to" bourbon.

Came in the door last night from a generous friend for my birthday. I have seen the bottle in the store and admired it but never owned it. This scotch is very unique. I liken it to what a CoMaduro is to a reg Co... Deeper and different.

Exceptional.

post-8371-0-79330300-1381105709_thumb.jp

Had the chance to enjoy both a dram of the Balvenie Tun 1401 and Ardbeg Galileo this evening at Jeff B's downtown Corona CIgar in Orlando, quite the selection of single malts there!

Fired up an RA Superiores and started with the Balvenie, sweet, smooth, honied and an incredible finish.

Halfway through moved to the Ardbeg, peaty, iodine, salt - pretty much sea spray in the face.

Both excellent whiskies but two different beasts entirely!

Bowmore 11 YO bottled by Hart Brothers acquired from Dan Murphy's. Not a bad drop after a few weeks opened and with the initial sulphur-like aroma dissipated. I was disappointed at first but am now pleasantly surprised, didn't expect the sulphur nose to dissipate. Maybe it was cork taint??

y4y5u7a2.jpg

Anyway, paired it with a non-Cuban churchill.