CLCB8.jpg

Line up for tonight

Mag 46 for my dad

HdM Epi No 1 for Kevin's dad

99 bolivar lonsdale for me

And a 99 bolivar Corona Extra for Kevin

More pics to follow

4JBYWl.jpg

00 punch RS12... Delicious. Still not the 98 ss2 but really good. No draw problems and tons of flavor.

Didn't see any deer today and I missed the am hunt because as easy as it seems, its hard work. Hiking through the woods in full gear plus a bow plus a safety harness gets really tiring after a few days.

Didn't see any deer today and I missed the am hunt because as easy as it seems, its hard work. Hiking through the woods in full gear plus a bow plus a safety harness gets really tiring after a few days.

......That is when a helicopter and a rifle come in handy spotlight.gif

It rained a lot tonight and its going to be 29 degrees F tomorrow morning so I'm expecting deer to be moving a lot looking for food. There are at least 3 shoot able bucks 8-9 points and one confirmed monster 12pt which my dad saw yesterday.

I have a picture of the doe I shot with my bow a few weeks back... Ill link it here:

Spine/lung shot ~20yards. Didn't even take one step.

Dont click if you don't like seeing dead animals

This is one of the times a year where I can totally indulge in smoking and relaxing which makes bow season my favorite vacation.

Saw a big doe today, called it in with grunts and doe bleets. I waited 25 minutes to see if a buck would follow her in, didn't see one then I took a shot. Lost 30$ worth of gear :(

To clarify I missed the shot (went right under) which resulted in a lost arrow (20$) and lost broad head (10$).

Going back out in 15 minutes to see if my luck changes.

QaQZf.jpg

BBF Feb 11 this box might not make it to its first birthday all of them stellar. I'm back at my apartment at college now damn calculus exam my brain is now mush. I wish I was still in the woods

Woke up to this:

veE51l.jpg

I went out around 6:15 but I knew I was too late. On the way to my stand I spooked three different deer. I was able to call one of them back in but I couldn't get a good shot. I'm confident that if I had a better shooting lane I could have got it at 50 yards but no luck.

I came back in around 7:30 so I could wake up jaces dad for work and now I'm here deciding whether or not to go back out. Warm cabin or 29 degrees...

V7vAjl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Reviving this thread for Rifle season here at our camp with my dad my brother my uncle rueben(Kevin's dad) and three of my brothers friends. But no Kevin :(

A few additions to the porch for rifle season

rBzi3.jpg

Yes that's a swing to block the wind while we smoke cigars. Also the 40 inch tv from my bedroom at home was commondeered for outside use since looking through the window is much too difficult.

loSgG.jpg

Enjoying a siglo vi now

Update time

Today my brothers friend Marvis shot a 10 point early in the morning

Then later on we put a drive on (people walk through the woods to push the deer out into a field to shoot them. Me and my brother both shot does.

Walleye and quail are on the menu tonight with Caesar salad and prosibily another siglo vi later on