What types of tabacco do you use?

Just curious what the trend us here. I used to smoke cigarettes, about a pack to a pack and a half a day. I quit smoking them about 8 months ago.

I've tried smoking a pipe but found that I enjoy cigars more.

I do like nasal snuff though. I'm currently using Radford premium snuff. It has a nice menthol to it. Cleaner than chewing tabacco and you can use it anywhere. I do get some crazy looks from people if I'm seen sniffing a pinch of brown powder off the back of my hand?

I usually enjoy 1-2 cigars a day. Right now it's non cubans but I think that trend will change due to my recent discovery of the Czar. Right now I like the Ashton Aged Maduro # 10 and the Partagas Spanish Rosado Familia. And my every day cigar is a Nicaraguan cigar called Bautismo De Fuego. Made in Esteli Nicaragua. It is made by a tabacconist that I go to and his son, who is only in his 20's, is the blender. Good cheap smoke but it's a shortfiller and I find I get a lot of draw issues.

I also enjoy the occasional pipe. I actually plan on picking up a new pipe while in Toronto this weekend. From the looks of it there a few fine tobacconists in the city worth checking out.

Outside of Habanos the main tobaccos I find myself drawn to are Jamaican, Brazilian, and Cameroon. To find that multi-country blend somewhere I've found does give that "cubanesque Twang" we all crave and love - though the Jamaican tobacco is usually not available in that blend. And when you do find it, it's usually w/Mexican and Connecticut blend <_<

These are my favourites:

post-7691-0-19014500-1314551638.jpg

- Partagas Lonsdale & Corona cigars

- Rattray's Red Rapparee in James Upshall pipe

- Göteborgs Rapé Swedish snus

- Manitou natural roll-your-own tobacco

Usually I smoke also Marlboro lights cigarettes, but that's kind of crap and tastes like s**t. I'd like to get rid of that habit, but I just can't.

wow it seems i am one of the only people who rely uses a large variety of tobacco products i smoke my pipe from time to time, cigars (5-6 a week), i use chewing tobacco (i am cutting back its rather messy) i am starting to get into snus and I want to try snuff and i used to smoke cigarets

My Father -in-law is an advid pipe smoker. I really like the aroma of good pipe tabacco

I really like the aroma of good pipe tabacco

The aroma of a pipe tobacco has nothing to do with its quality, unfortunately. Some of the best latakia blends ("english" or "balkan" blends) smell like burnt tires, when the cheapest drugstore blends soaked with vanilla or coffee extract can smell deliciously…

• 9 months later...

Along with the delights of Tobacco de Cuba,I enjoy my pipe,filled with either Coniston cut,or Westmorland blend pipe tobacco.

Very meditative....

[digs up corpse of very old post]

but does it taste good though? can it taste as good as a good cuban cigar (in a different way of course)?

just wondering because i've got a friend coming round with pipe and tobacco and wanting me to try it again...

tried a pipe for the first time a few months ago, (just after a cigar admittedly) tasted pretty bad, of course it's all in the tobacco but is it worth it?

any thoughts from tobacco transvestites appreciated ;)

I enjoy the occasional pipe as well. I'm a Peterson man!

I dipped Copenhagen Fine Cut Snuff from age 13-21

Chewed Red Man and Levi Garrett from age 13 - 28

I smoked Camel Lights off and on (about a pack a week) from age 21-28

These days just Cuban Cigars and some occasional Pipe Tobacco

I have a couple of very nice pipes, though I very rarely use them as I enjoy cigars so much more.

Having said this, NOTHING beats the smell of Stanwell Melange pipe tobacco which is what I smoke with my pipes. It has a mixture of Virginia, black cavendish,toasted burley and a sweet smell and taste.:thumbsup:

Nice to see some pipe smokers among us.

It seems more a European and Scandanavian hobby,with a few Canadians.

Any Oz/US pipe smokers?

I'm an Aussie piper; I've got 4 so far-

2 x Missouri cob's- a General and a standard

1 x Peterson briar (Rocky Donegal 2)

1 x custom Altinok Meerschaum (carved into the Behelit from the manga Bersek)

Favourite pipe-weed so far has been Dunhill 'Early Morning Pipe' and 'Nightcap'.

Hard to find much time to smoke it now-a-days since discovering FoH. So many CC samplers I've got to try ;)

Besides CC´s I use swedish snus (that you put under your lip), about a can a day. The occasional pipe is lit up from time to time. Right now my personal favourite is My own blend from the Danish Pipeshop. They are scented, yes, but I still like them :yes:

I'm an Aussie piper; I've got 4 so far-

2 x Missouri cob's- a General and a standard

1 x Peterson briar (Rocky Donegal 2)

1 x custom Altinok Meerschaum (carved into the Behelit from the manga Bersek)

Favourite pipe-weed so far has been Dunhill 'Early Morning Pipe' and 'Nightcap'.

Hard to find much time to smoke it now-a-days since discovering FoH. So many CC samplers I've got to try ;)

I too have a couple pipes with 9mm filters.

Stefano Santambrogio from Italy High grade:

41.jpg

Stanwell Denmark pipe of the year 2006 Sandblasted:

Stanwell%20Pipe%20of%20the%20Year%202006%20Sand%201.jpg

I too have a couple pipes with 9mm filters.

Stefano Santambrogio from Italy High grade:

Stanwell Denmark pipe of the year 2006 Sandblasted:

These are both gorgeous pipes, I am instantly jealous.

Here are my two pipes made by Henryk Worobiec, both are 9mm filtered pipes. Have been smoking Mcclelland Aston Revival Old Dog and Solani Aged Burley Flake 656 in them.

post-9898-0-53278300-1338458588.jpg