siglo II

clint

Is it possible that both of these Siglo II's are legit. One is for sure because I got it from Czars. The other one is from a questionable source that a friend gave me to smoke to see if it's real. I haven't smoked it yet but thought I would show the differences here to see if anyone could tell me for sure just by looking. If I smoke it tomorrow and get sick I'm sure I will have my answer but thought I should check in here first... thanks.

DSC03082-1.jpg

I know the pics are very amateur but it's the best I could do. In this one the suspect on the left is quite a bit bigger in ring gauge even though it doesn't really translate from the pic. It is very tightly packed (or maybe swollen from over humidification) and has quite a bit of green in the filler.

In the upper photo the bands are obviously different. The cigars are exactly the same length.

DSC03083-3.jpg

Is it possible that both of these Siglo II's are legit. One is for sure because I got it from Czars. The other one is from a questionable source that a friend gave me to smoke to see if it's real. I haven't smoked it yet but thought I would show the differences here to see if anyone could tell me for sure just by looking. If I smoke it tomorrow and get sick I'm sure I will have my answer but thought I should check in here first... thanks.

DSC03082-1.jpg

I'm going to guess one on left is suspect based on the band...

I'm just guessing tho

It's from some guy who supposedly imports cigars into Quebec. I'm not sure if they're black market fakes or grey market legits. He sells boxes of Siglo VIs for like 200 bucks, which to me seems utterly rediculous for legits.

I think the one on the left is fake.

look at the construction, too packed also the wrapper and band seem off.

also the difference in size is quite major especially for the Cohiba brand.

I hope you didn't introduce it into the humidor, if you did that might bring beetles as well.

+1 with the look of the band. Does it have embossing on the letters "COHIBA" ?

Yeah the letters are embossed. Another thing you might not be able to see from the pic is that the gold border around the word Cohiba is wider than on the legit stick.

I'm thinking fake on the left like the others here. Just too many things wrong with it. From the band to the look to the foot...still...I'd spark it up just to see, and then if it tasted horrible, or wouldn't smoke right, I'd dissect it.

I'm thinking fake on the left like the others here. Just too many things wrong with it. From the band to the look to the foot...still...I'd spark it up just to see, and then if it tasted horrible, or wouldn't smoke right, I'd dissect it.

Will I be able to tell anything by disecting it? I don't plan on disecting one of my good ones for comparison.

I'm pretty sure it's fake just due to it's shady origins. I have a "Siglo 6" gifted to me from the same originating ****** bag and it too has the extra line of squares on the label.

Guest 321contact

As the others said the left one has too many dots above the Cohiba word. Also the Cohiba gold word doesn't look embossed in the pic. That alone seals the deal.

As for construction though I have seen plenty of legit cohibas with lumps and other unsightliness.

If it were me, I'd smoke the one on the left, assuming it even draws, to see if it tastes any good. It it's terrible, then I would dissect it. I've seen many dissected fakes and they don't do it for me. :(

I gave it back to my friend and told him to get his ten bucks back.

Clint...that begs the question of..."What was your friend's reaction?"

Clint...that begs the question of..."What was your friend's reaction?"

Well he wasn't happy about it but he wasn't totally shocked either. It's a cheap lesson learned considering he could have bought the whole box. To me it's just disappointing that there are so many ****** bags around looking to rip people off.

Well he wasn't happy about it but he wasn't totally shocked either. It's a cheap lesson learned considering he could have bought the whole box. To me it's just disappointing that there are so many ****** bags around looking to rip people off.

I hear ya man...but it is a good thing that you told him. Saves him from buying more fakes from this guy in the future.

I hear ya man...but it is a good thing that you told him. Saves him from buying more fakes from this guy in the future.

Yeah for sure. He actually gave the guy my number right after he bought the cigar. Buddy called and told me he had a nice box of Montecristo ELs for $300 bucks. I told him I would look at them but that I'm always wary of fakes...****** never called me back.

The guy works for the same large govt. employer that I work for but in a different dept. He travels around alot trying to pawn these fakes off. Unfortunately for him the I'm spreading the good word.