Cyclone Yasi

love guam. had a heap of fun there.

business or pleasure?

not much pleasure if you go near that storm. it is building to category four, apparently.

Work - running a training course there for a week.

I had great fun there last time I was there, but this time should hopefully be even better. I finish work on Friday night, and the earliest flight back isn't until Sunday evening. Hooray for a work paid weekend away!

I hope all stay safe and not to much damage done ,you guys just cannot get a break,

Send it over to Perth where it will break up before it gets to the coast no wind no rain ,Perth Australia's newest driest capital :ok::(

OZ :unsure:

Was talking with Bster about this in a PM. Hope it misses you all, relatively. From what we're seeing in the reports with the CBC here in Canada, it sounds like it should bypass the Brisbane area, but that overall rainfall may reach over a meter's worth for most of Queensland - so, a chance for further flooding and damage.

Fingers crossed that it will fizzle out and not be a killer storm. Best wishes to all the Aussies there.

Was talking with Bster about this in a PM. Hope it misses you all, relatively. From what we're seeing in the reports with the CBC here in Canada, it sounds like it should bypass the Brisbane area, but that overall rainfall may reach over a meter's worth for most of Queensland - so, a chance for further flooding and damage.

Fingers crossed that it will fizzle out and not be a killer storm. Best wishes to all the Aussies there.

That is one mother of a storm.

Australia is not a small place....the storm covers the state of queensland

Yasi is rated as a category 5 cyclone, but considering 5 is the highest rating, Yasi needs a new one all of its own.

To give you an idea why:

Cyclone Tracy 1974 - cat 4, 50km wide, max wind 205km/h,

Cyclone Larry 2006 - cat 5, 100km wide, max wind 215km/h

Cyclone Yasi 2011 - cat 5, 500km wide, max wind (so far) 230km/h (gusts up to 295km/h)

If you're in its path and you have left, it is time to de-ass the are with the quickness!!