irish vasectomy

with apols to our irish friends, including those in my family.

After having their 11th child, an Irish couple decided that that was enough, as they couldn't afford a larger bed. So the husband went to his doctor and told him that he and his wife didn't want to have any more children..

The doctor told him there was a procedure called a vasectomy that would fix the problem but it was expensive. A less costly alternative was to go home, get a large firecracker, light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to his ear and count to 10.

The husband said to the doctor, "B'Jayzus, I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but I don't see how putting a firework in a beer can next to my ear is going to help me with my problem."

"Trust me, it will do the job", said the doctor.

So the man went home, lit a cracker and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count:

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5," at which point he paused, and placed the beer can between his legs so he could continue counting on his other hand.

This procedure also works in New Zealand and Tasmania.

Guest rob

Oh gawd... Hopefully our Irish comrades don't take this the wrong way. We all know how well jokes come across these days...

Oh gawd... Hopefully our Irish comrades don't take this the wrong way. We all know how well jokes come across these days...

Now... God dammit, as an Irish American, I .............................. -LOL

I think a good chuckle at ones self in a good thing now and again! Just stay away from the Pig jokes! -P

Just stay away from the Pig jokes!

Ray, did you hear the one about the pig who sired too many piglets?

A friend suggested that he visit a local restaurant, where he was assured he could get something to solve the problem. "Dayum, I may not be the smartest pig in the world, but I don't see how going to a restaurant is going to help me with my problem." But his friend insisted, so he went. As he walked into the establishment, he read the menu posted at the door, and wondered...

"What in the hell is a mountain oyster?"

i have irish relatives, although by marriage, and they have fantastic senses of humour (and please note i included kiwis and taswegians).

if i honestly thought it was going to offend anyone, then of course, i'd have still posted. i'm just giving thanks i didn't post the 'americans are stupid' one.

Guest rob
if i honestly thought it was going to offend anyone, then of course, i'd have still posted. i'm just giving thanks i didn't post the 'americans are stupid' one.

:D this quote is one of your finest moments KG. I literally snorted my wine trying to contain my laughter.

given the current 'tension' re some posts and whether they are appropriate or not, i would say that in my experience the irish have a wonderful ability to laugh at themselves when they know that there is no malice involved and it is an admirable trait that many other nations would do well to follow.

about the only thing that does upset the irish of late is that it is still just a smidge too soon to make thierry henry jokes. i suspect that it may always be too soon for that.

about the only thing that does upset the irish of late is that it is still just a smidge too soon to make thierry henry jokes. i suspect that it may always be too soon for that.

Now that's pushing it.

Even for a Kiwi.