Por Larrañaga Valiosos ER para Suiza 2009

I have bought this box in Switzerland in October 2009. Box had number 1974. Very well made cigars. Good looking colorado color oily wrapper. Cigars have the second band – Exclusivo Suiza. Excellent appearance and construction.

Pre draw is sweet tobacco with semitones of coffee, leather and cedar wood.

First puff is coffee with cream and a little hint of spicy. Draw is loose with nice body. Aftertasting during 1\3 smoking – nice fried coffee beans and sugar free black chocolate.

Second third – very good burn. Toasty tobacco flavor with spicy aftertasting. Definitely habano style – rich aroma and flavor. Leather, nuts, chocolate and spicy. Nevertheless cigar doesn’t have balance. It has seemed to me too young and deprived harmony…

3\3 – strength moderate close to strong. Aromas have not undergone considerable changes - noble wood, leather, mushrooms, earth. Flavor too bitter and hardly stronger than I expected. Undoubtedly the cigar doesn’t have enough balance. Necessary to ripen this cigars not less than 2-3 years. Too much tannins, bitter in flavor.

Too early I have tried this cigar. They need aging. Not the most successful release in last ER for Swiss. In comparison with Punch Poderosos ER 09 for Swiss these cigars lose. Despite on fine execution cigars don’t hold out to the level ER – too simple and plain =((

post-3407-1272733851.jpg

post-3407-1272733867.jpg

post-3407-1272733891.jpg

post-3407-1272733901.jpg

More picks on my site - http://www.cigarros.ru/tastings/94.html

Thanks for the review....I saw these at the LCDH in Toronto this week and was tempted to try one...good thing I didn't since it sounds like they need a lot more time. Also they were individually priced at $41 CAN...ouch!

Thanks for the review....I saw these at the LCDH in Toronto this week and was tempted to try one...good thing I didn't since it sounds like they need a lot more time. Also they were individually priced at $41 CAN...ouch!

B) I think you shouldn't post price here. It's main rule.... So in Swiss too cheaper))

B) I think you shouldn't post price here. It's main rule.... So in Swiss too cheaper))

I think its safe to say that cigars of any description in Canada are outrageously expensive. I haven't bought a cigar locally since the end of last year and have no intention of starting again for as long as the Czar remains open for business...

:lol3: I think you shouldn't post price here. It's main rule.... So in Swiss too cheaper))

Good point....I got ahaed of myslef....It was just such a shock to the system

I think its safe to say that cigars of any description in Canada are outrageously expensive. I haven't bought a cigar locally since the end of last year and have no intention of starting again for as long as the Czar remains open for business...

Agreed. The taxes are obscene here, I don't even bother. I go to my B&Ms here in Victoria just to talk cigars, thats it.

I do buy Punch Black Princes from a B&M here.......but thats because they are discontinued 9 years ago - once they are gone, they're GONE.