Arabian poet

It seems rare these days to hear anything positive about the Arab world but I found this article both refreshing and a bit moving:

article

Topical as we were talking about stereotypes the other day, but I get the feeling Mrs Hilal most likely offers a far greater reflection of sentiment in the Muslim world than the looney tune cleric \ Taliban types who seem to dominate so much airtime these days. Food for thought.

''I felt deeply that I had to say that people across the Arab world are afraid of extremism and the effect it has had. What sort of society do they offer us? They offer nothing but fear. I hate it so much''

Brave lady.

I don't think that all so is unequivocal! I am - the Christian, but my sister married in Syria there 10 years. She is russian native, she has accepted Islam, her's children - my nephews and my relatives. I love'em! Russia - the multinational country, also as well as the USA. Terrorism - the phenomenon out of the nations and nationalities! Probably you heard about terrorist attacks in Moscow one week ago?

Personally me hate terrorists, but impossible to think that terrorism exclusively Muslim invention. Recollect for example IRA and etc... The world varies. Muslim women express their opinions more loudly. It's good. I support such poet-show!

I don't think that all so is unequivocal! I am - the Christian, but my sister married in Syria there 10 years. She is russian native, she has accepted Islam, her's children - my nephews and my relatives. I love'em! Russia - the multinational country, also as well as the USA. Terrorism - the phenomenon out of the nations and nationalities! Probably you heard about terrorist attacks in Moscow one week ago?

Personally me hate terrorists, but impossible to think that terrorism exclusively Muslim invention. Recollect for example IRA and etc... The world varies. Muslim women express their opinions more loudly. It's good. I support such poet-show!

I would assume your sister is married to an allawi muslim? From the books I have read about history and terrorism (Colt I am not brushing here) most extremist are Sunnis, I am not saying all sunnis are extremist I have mates from all walks of life and definetly have Sunnis friends. I am just saying that countries such as Saudi Arabia, Aman, Morroco, Kuwait, Egypt, Afghanistan, Pakistan are majority Sunnies.

An intersting book I finished reading is Ghost Wars by Steve Coll worth reading I reckon.

Cheers,

Elie.