“Cohiba Siglo VI”

This cigar is referred to as the king of kings. The best of the best. But I must admit that the entire Siglo line from Cohiba has never been a favorite of mine. I think that the price is to high, relative to the quality of the smoke. And in the case of this Cañonazo it is about to get interesting…

As with most Cohiba cigars, it starts out with a kick of pepper and toast. The first third is a vegetal symfony of floral almost fruity notes and wet grass. A lovely mix of citrus and pepper on the spicy side. There is milk on the draw, fruit on the tongue, a floral/green-pepper aftertaste and a sweet chocolate scent.

The second third brought on some wood, cedar and toasted notes. A medium bodied cigar. I rate it 90 from a box dated 07/2008.

foto3.jpg

rob and i did a vid review of these last week but rob was piss3ed so there was no sound. another wasted arvo!!

what we found was fascinating. his was terrific and mine was bog average. he thought i was winding him up so we swapped after a third - yes, yucko - and sure enough, one was a cracker smoke, and the other was indeed trey ordinaire. or bog average.

same box. they were next to each other. these cigars should not be so inconsistent. not a positive moment for habanos for me. this was what inspired the colour v quality debate.

This cigar is referred to as the king of kings. The best of the best.

very interesting you describe them as such. much as i love them, usually, my preception still has, bar the glorious 03s, the esplendido as numero uno. but an even more inconsistent smoke.

do people think of the sig VI or the esplendido as theoretically the king?

I don't see this cigar as the king- yes, it is surely up there but no where near perfection actually.

I really enjoyed this review though. As well as all your other ones. Thanks Jaksen. Keep up the good work!

:)

IMHO Cohibas, although pricey, generally are great smokes. They smoke great right out of the box and when aged 3 to 5 years are stellar. You may or may not be thrilled with the flavor profile, but construction is stellar. I can't remember ever having a poorly executed cigar. Love the Siglo line and currently am aging boxes of Siglo I, II and IV.

very interesting you describe them as such. much as i love them, usually, my preception still has, bar the glorious 03s, the esplendido as numero uno. but an even more inconsistent smoke.

do people think of the sig VI or the esplendido as theoretically the king?

Mate when they are both at their peak, the esplendido in my opinion will come up trumps every time. They for me, are probably my most cherished habanos and even though people complain of consistency problems with them, I have yet to smoke one that rated under 92. The price of them is of little relevance to me for being provided with 90+ minutes of total bliss.