What is your occupation?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a small auto consulting company. When people want to buy car (new/ used) and either hate the negotiation process or dont have time to shop they hire me.

I do all the legwork for them. I locate the desired vehicle, negotiate the price, interest rate, trade in value of their current car and any after market products they may want. I send them digital pics of several vehicles that meet their criteria and give them the exact breakdown of cost (down payment, monthly payments, etc)

I make sure they get the BEST/ lowest price deal possable. This allows them to make thie decision from comfort of their own home and not in the "pressured" sales enviornment that happens at a dealership.

Oh and I LOVE what I do!

» I enjoy seeing what other folks on the board do for a living.......I manage

» commercial real estate. Shopping Centers are my specialty.....what

» supports your habano habit?

I am a secret agent. World travel. Beautiful women. Martinis. Guns. Mucho denero...**** too much to drink last night.:cool:

Reality:

We have a family business. Myself my dad and brother. Agriculture. We have 1000 acres and grow potatoes on contract for FritoLay and they make potato chips. I just happen to have the cleanest job as I work in the office from home..the finance and budget guru.

Been a family biz for 40 odd years. In the last year we have started buying and selling real estate. I am in charge of finding, beating the seller down on price, acquiring, and flipping it. Its basically all me and my dad. 50/50 split of profits and he does NOTHING..

I work for an engineering consultant in the construction materials testing and enviromental fields. I do foundation inspections on shallow and deep foundation systems and testing on everything from the concrete, masonry, steel, fireproofing and pavements right up to the roof materials.

I negotiate labor contracts with 4 Unions on behalf of my Company.

I'm also a single dad and I raise my son who lives with me. That fact severely cripples my Habano habit....LOL!

I build websites and databases, do some communications work, and whip up background research for construction projects for an Ivy League school. Wrote my own job description, which was pretty odd, but fun. In my spare time, I work on the 125-year-old house we bought at the beginning of the year, and are expecting our first son literally any day/hour now.

» A Union I.B.E.W electrician in NYC...

Hey Brother!

I'm a member of I.B.E.W. Local # 102

I have'nt had the pleasure of working in your local yet. I just started a 3000 device fire alarm.(foreman)

NJ local great to see their are a lot of electricians smoking cigars.Hope you come down in February to meet Rob he will be visiting NYC and from what i hear we are supposed to all get together.

Guest crossbow

RN at a University Hospital here in NY.